This 4-week series focuses on the impact that our words have on our lives and others.
What we say matters and the Bible has a lot to say about it!
- Series artwork for promotional purposes (cover slide and blank text slide)
- Lessons come in both Word & PDF format. Edit as needed and easily share with volunteers.
- Fun opening games
- Creative, relevant teachings
- Interactive small group activities
- Engaging small group discussion questions
The Power of Words Overview
Week 1: Gossip
Bible: James 3:3-8, 4:11; Proverbs 11:13; Philippians 2:3-4
Bottom Line: When we are talking with someone about someone who can’t do anything about it, we must recognize it as gossip and stop.
Week 2: Encouragement
Bible: 1 Thessalonians 5:11-14; Hebrews 3:12-14, 10:23-25; 1 Peter 4:8-10; Romans 12:6-8
Bottom Line: Believers are called to encourage others through life’s ups and downs.
Week 3: Crude Language
Bible: Ephesians 4:29; Exodus 20:7; Luke 6:45; James 3:9-12
Bottom Line: Our words are symptoms of the condition of our hearts.
Week 4: Evangelism
Bible: Romans 1:15-17, 10:13-17; Acts 20:22-25
Bottom Line: The mission of sharing the gospel goes down to our very purpose as believers—to spread the glory of God.